I have got questions about how the world is structured. I find myself asking myself these kinds of questions;
- What is poverty? Who defines that? Is ignorance a form of poverty? If yes, why is it not talked about as much as economic poverty? (I mean the kind of ignorance that is manifested, for example, when you tell someone you are from Kenya and they ask you “Is that in A-F-R-I-C-A?”) :)!
- What is development? What does that entail? Is there a series of steps that you have to move through in order to be “developed” as a country? Can you skip some steps? Are there many ways through which “development” can be attained? How do you know if you have attained “development”? Is there some kind of “certification” you get?
4.If you are a “developed” country do you stop developing at some point or do you continue developing exponentially? How do you know when to stop (should that be desirable)?
6. Do we foresee a situation whereby all the countries in this world will be “developed”?
7. If yes, can the planet sustain this form of existence?
9. Why is there so much inequality in this world and why does it keep getting worse?
10. Is there a way of “developing” without exploiting other people?